Striking a successful balance between excelling at your daily tasks and maintaining your peace of mind requires introducing some key activities while subtracting others until you find an ideal balance in your busy day.
Below are a few strategies that I recommend to my high-achieving women clients.
- Incorporate light activity – Walking and stretching are two physical activities that will make you feel calmer and more creative.
If you’re working hard on a project and you sense a good stopping point, use this opportunity to get up and clear your mind.
You could take a leisurely walk to a nearby park or simply stand up from your workspace and do a few stretches to get your blood flowing.
You may find that when you come back to your project, answers come more easily now that your body and mind are refreshed!
- Try aromatherapy – Why not take your senses on a mini vacation? Aromatherapy is an easy way to relieve stress.
Pick out a few essential oils and try adding a drop or two to your bathwater for relaxation, or mix a couple of drops into a spray bottle filled with water for a quick scent refresher, or use a diffuser to release the scent into a room.
Scents such as peppermint or citrus can stimulate the senses, while oils such as lavender or ylang ylang can calm and soothe.
- Consider connecting with someone special – It’s all too easy to find ourselves in a rut and forget to reach out to family, friends, and people we enjoy spending time with.
When you take a short break during the day, send a simple text to an old friend, post a fun memory of a family member on your social media page, or invite someone you’ve recently met for coffee or tea.
Short daily breaks are ideal for reconnecting, because if we wait until we get home, other priorities and distractions can take over.
- Read and spend some time outside – Here’s a way to multitask that won’t drive you mad with stress – grab a book, your favorite magazine, or the daily paper and get some sunshine while you flip through the pages.
Head to a nearby park for a healthy dose of vitamin D and a good reading session.
- Contact The Crystal Concierge – What would your daily life look like if you had some help taking care of those time-consuming errands on your ‘to do’ list?
The Crystal Concierge is designed to shoulder some of your everyday tasks so you’re free to unwind and do more of the things you love.
Give The Crystal Concierge your grocery list and she will brave the crowded parking lots and checkout lines while you enjoy some quality time. You can focus at work while we hold down the fort at home, fold laundry, organize your closet, or wait for the cable technician.
At the end of the day, we’re here to support your well being and help you add balance to your life!
Don’t forget to visit my website: http://www.drlaureen.com. Connect with me on:
Facebook Biz Page: https://www.facebook.com/drlaureen
As a reminder, for career and businesswomen it’s always about – ‘Results. Uniqueness. Differentiation.’ I call this your ‘RUD’.
© Dr. Laureen Wishom or Dr. Laureen International (2013-2018). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dr. Laureen Wishom/Dr. Laureen International with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.